For most people, the lower body is the trouble spot, especially the thighs and hips. These are the two main spots where the maximum fat gets accumulated and is often difficult to get rid of those fats. Some of the main causes can be genetics, hormones or unhealthy lifestyle. If you are determined to lose fat from your hips and thighs, you can follow some of the tips mentioned below.
Cardio and strength training workouts
A proper workout regime helps in eliminating fat from the entire body. There are specific strength training and cardiovascular workouts that work to burn fat from hips and thighs. And the best part is that majority of the strength training workouts can be performed at home without using any equipment. All you need is some space that helps you move around freely.
- Make use of some of the effective cardio machines like treadmill, stationery bikes or elliptical machines for 30 minutes for 5 days in a week. Majority of gyms are equipped with this basic equipment. You can also check out for best deals online for home gym equipment. The benefit of home gyms is that it allows you to perform workouts from home.
- Besides cardio workouts, consider strength training workouts like basic squats, jumping squats, one legged squats, leg extensions, lunges and leg curls. These workouts burn excess fat from your thigh and hip area effectively. Perform these workouts 3 to 4 times every week for about 30 minutes for best results.
In addition to cardio and strength training workout, you should consider aerobics to tone your thigh and hip muscles. These workouts burn excess fat stored in your inner thighs, hips and also rest of the body.
- Cycling is one of the best forms of aerobics that targets your legs and mostly your thighs. In addition, it works towards building endurance and stamina.
- Stair climbing is another workout which is simpler and can be performed daily. This workout increases your metabolism and targets your thigh muscles. However, you need to ensure that your back is straight while performing the workout.
- Brisk walking is an excellent workout to tone your hips and thighs. It helps in eliminating fat not only from your legs but your overall body. Perform this workout for 30 minutes for 5 to 6 days a week for great outcomes.
Yoga is yet another most effective workout that burns fat and also tones your body muscles including your thighs and hips. In addition to reducing fat, it also improves strength and relaxes your mind. Sun salutation is one of the most popular moves that tone your overall body. It reduces thigh fat and hip fat as well and hence perform this move two times in a day. Other poses of yoga includes Cobbler’s pose, bridge pose, happy baby pose and chair pose. These workouts have worked brilliantly for many people as it helps your mind and body at the same time.
Thus, these are some of the effective workout that helps in curbing fat from hip and thigh area.